Are you looking to make this year your healthiest ever? Sometimes making a few small changes can be easier than overhauling your entire life. Try these 10 simple healthy weight loss tips and tricks to start off on the right foot.
1) Find out how many calories you really need to be consuming each day. Do a search for "calorie calculator" online to figure the amount quickly and easily.
2) Carefully read food labels. Too often, dieters do not pay attention to serving sizes, calories, or fat grams.
3) Begin each day with breakfast. Aim for a meal that includes protein, fiber-rich carbohydrates, and healthy fats to get your day started on the right path.
4) Drink more water. Almost every list of healthy weight loss tips and tricks will include this one because it works! Your body needs water to function at it's best, especially when losing weight.
5) Add a serving of fruit and vegetables to every meal. Getting more produce does not have to be complicated – enhance your entree with 1/2 cup of your favorite steamed veggie and have 1/2 cup of berries for dessert.
6) Sneak in extra activity. Park further away in the parking lot, take the stairs, go for a walk during your lunch break, or simply stand more during the day.
7) Weigh in weekly. Stepping on the scale daily only adds to weight loss frustration, as your weight fluctuates daily. Weekly weigh-ins will help you stay on track better.
8) Check your hunger level. One of the easiest healthy weight loss tips and tricks is to only eat when you are physically hungry, not when you are bored, lonely, frustrated or just think it's "time to eat."
9) Order a kid's meal. If you decide to go to a fast-food restaurant, order off the kid's menu. The portion sizes are much more diet friendly, and they often offer healthier side items.
10) Scale back your plates. When people eat off of larger plates and bowls, they tend to serve them more and consume more calories. Considering buying new dishes so you automatically eat less.
By taking baby steps toward your weight loss goals, you will not feel so overwhelmed. But all of your new habits will add up to big changes on the scale. Following these healthy weight loss tips and tricks and you will be on your way to winning the battle of the bulge!